Saturday, September 22, 2007

After more than 3 months, I have finally found a decent replacement for the science center coffee bar. Or to be more accurate, for their mocha smoothies. Au Bon Pain has an okay mocha drink, but it's the wrong consistency. The guy with the cart in front of work has good, cheap coffee - both regular and iced - but it's not the same. But today on my way in to work, I walked down 3rd instead of 4th, craving caffeine, and a little shop caught my eye. I don't remember what it's called, but I'm sure I'll be able to find it again. First big plus: cranberry orange muffins. Second plus: iced mocha. I ordered it thinking it would be like most regular iced coffee, but no, this was blended smoothie style, just like the ones from the science center. Heavenly. One wouldn't think that finding a replacement for Swat's mocha smoothies would have been very important, but you have to keep in mind that they were what got me through junior year. I cut back a bit senior spring, but still - they were my go-to caffeine fix. This new replacement is missing the whipped cream option, and they're too expensive to get all the time, but still, at least the cravings can now be satisfied. Yum. :)

No comments: