Monday, January 05, 2009

I was staring blankly into space today when an older guy walked by and said something to the effect of "Smile! It can't be that bad!" I automatically respond by smiling and laughing amicably, but I hate these kind of comments. He (it's always a guy) doesn't know anything about me, my life, my situation, but he still decides it's cool to tell me to smile or cheer up because it's not that bad. Kindly STFU, sir, and let me decide when to smile.

The kicker to this particular incident? The comment was made while I was sitting in a waiting room. A psychosocial services waiting room, no less. If it weren't "that bad," I probably wouldn't be seeing a shrink, now would I?

On a semi-related note: The medication adjustment whirlwind continues. In the past 2 months, I have gone from 150 mg of med A to 150 mg of A and 150 mg of B, then to 200 mg of A and 150 mg of B, then to 200 mg of A and 300 mg of B. I will now be dropping back to 200 mg of A and 150 mg of B, and may possibly end up taking just the 200 mg of A. I've also been adding various vitamins, which means that I'm currently taking 5 medications in the form of 6 pills every morning. Fun times!

No comments: