Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seemingly out of nowhere, I have become a dress junkie. This flies in the face of approximately 20 years of my fashion history (I'm not really sure what I wore for the first 5 or so years), in which dresses were often worn on Sundays but generally not donned at other times. In recent years, I have become a fan of skirts, especially in the summer, but I have usually paired them with t-shirts, so the overall look has still been rather casual. And now: dresses. I have purchased more in the past few months than I had in the past few years combined. And a few days I bought a maxi dress, which I have never done before. In a fairly bright blue, no less. And today I bought a dress with a PATTERN on it, which flies in the face of all my solid colored (with a few logo/picture tees) wardrobe. That one, though, is shades of grey/black, so it's safe in that manner. And I considered a dress that had a large floral pattern on it, even. Me. Flowers. Again, shades of grey (actually silver on grey), but still. Large flowers. Up until now, that has pretty much been right after ruffles on the list of things I do not even consider wearing. Ruffles, by the way, are still on the list. I can change and experiment only so much.

1 comment:

nanaxiu said...

i am currently fond of wearing dresses nowadays too! that's why i look forward on special occasions so that i can dress up. :)