Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I am, by and large, a creature of habit. I don't like being daring. I am hesitant to try new foods. I like finding a routine that works for me and sticking with it. This is true for hygiene/beauty products as well. I've pretty much stuck with 2 lotion scents for the past 5 or 6 years. Unless I have a strong desire for burgundy, blue, or black nails, I general paint my toenails silver.

The drugstores, however, seem to be conspiring against me. It started with the body wash. I have tried many over the years, but some time in college I settled on Caress's Berry Indulging. Then I couldn't find it anywhere. So I switched to something else. Next time I ran out, I couldn't find that one, either. Last time I got St. Ives Vanilla; I ran out recently and haven't been able to find any, so I've gone back to an Oil of Olay body wash I've used before. It's annoying, because I can have some trouble finding a scent that I like, but it's not the end of the world.

The real catastrophe? The apparent disappearance of my favorite shampoo. I occasionally use anti-dandruff or clarifying shampoos, but the bottle that has always been there for me is good old Suave Strawberry Shampoo. More recently it's been Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberry, but it's basically the same. I spent lunch today attempting to track down a bottle. I visited 3 different drugstores with absolutely no luck. They have Suave Green Apple and VO5 Strawberries & Cream, but no Suave Strawberry. This is a problem. I cannot bring myself to buy a different shampoo. The scent is part of my shower experience, and I refuse to part with it.

Thankfully, I don't think the scent has been discontinued; a quick Google shopping search yields plenty of results. Of course, I'd feel a bit absurd buying cheap shampoo online, so I'm going to try to see if I can find any while I'm visiting my parents. But if that fails, I'm probably going to cave. I need that sweet strawberry smell, and buythecase.net is selling a case of 6 bottles for $15.42.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fifteen dollars for six bottles of Suave??

I'm gonna see if they still carry it around here . . . I'll sell it to you cheaper than that!

Jen said...

Ha! I ended up finding it while I was visiting my parents. Huge Midwestern grocery stores = land of plenty. And shampoo. I got 2 family sized bottles, which should tide me over for a while.