Thursday, March 04, 2010

When I was sick last week, I spent a lot of time lounging in bed. I had caught up on TV shows online, had slept enough, didn't feel like reading, and needed something to do. It was Fashion Week, so I went to Style.com and starting looking at all of the slide shows of the fashion shows.

I have liked fashion and clothes for some time. I liked playing dress up as a kid. At one point in middle school, I had dreams of becoming a designer, which got crushed when I realized I sucked at sewing. And in college I dabbled in costume design.

Despite all this, I don't actually dress all that well. Part of this is due to my job in the library. There isn't much of a dress code - jeans and a t-shirt are fine. Also, in some cases, nice clothes are problematic. Have you ever tried to get a book off the bottom shelf while wearing heels and a short skirt? It's hard to do gracefully.

Still, every so often, I decide that I'm going to dress nicer. Wear makeup, think about my outfits more, etc. These stints usually last a week or so before I fall back into my old routine. A new stint has started today, inspired by looking at the fashion shows and buying a pair of high heeled boots. We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments: