Thursday, March 04, 2010

While looking through slide shows during my sick days, I fell in love with L'Wren Scott's stuff. It's so lady-like and perfect. A dress will also set you back at least $1,000, though, so for now I can only admire from afar/online.

Below are some things from her Fall 2010 line:

This is the first one that caught my eye. It's a very simple dress, but the designs by the hem makes is special. The color combo isn't one I'd normally think of, but I think it works well.



I'm not 100% sure if this is a dress or a suit, though I think it's the latter. I love the slit up the front with the longer length of the skirt - it'll show just a bit of knee when you walk or cross your legs.



This one is so, so pretty - the color, the detailing, it's just all lovely.



I really want to see more of the skirt or dress that's under the cape, but the cape is pretty fabulous itself. Not practical for my life, of course, but then none of this is.



This is pretty much a smoking jacket done up as an evening gown, and I love it.



I think one of the reasons I'm so draw to L'Wren Scott's designs is the longer skirts. I've been trying to buy more dresses lately, but they're always so short. Part of this is because of the style, but some of it is also my height. Unfortunately, the end result is that I don't feel comfortable wearing the dresses (especially at work) unless I have leggings underneath them. That works fine for winter, but it's not going to be great in the summer. I want to be able to pick things up off the floor without fear, dammit! Anyway, apparently L'Wren is 6'4" (and dating Mick Jagger, but that's neither here nor there), so maybe she feels my tall-girl pain.

No comments: