Friday, July 23, 2004

Summary of today (well, yesterday now, I guess):
 
Woke up early to take Matt to the train station
Went back to sleep
Was woken up by a phone call; made plans for the night
Did yard work
Watched an episode of The West Wing
Played around with my MP3 player
Went and saw Fahrenheit 9/11
Hung out with Saka
Checked email
 
And that brings me up to now. Fahrenheit 9/11 was okay - not as good as I had expected, but not bad. I think I liked Bowling for Columbine more.
 
Missy, our dog, is falling apart. She didn't eat anything today, and we're not sure if she drank much water either. My mom is taking her into the vet tomorrow morning. This morning, I guess. In about 7 hours. She's going to be put down - there's really no other choice. She's hobbling around, not eating, throwing up bile... It's sad. We've had her for 14 or 15 years... But the last few years have just sort of been a countdown towards this point, as we watched her deteriorate slowly. Up until now, she's gotten a second wind and gotten a bit better, only to get worse again. This time it's for real though - she's skin and bones and just can't make it anymore. It's going to be weird without her... I can't really remember not having her... We got her in St. Louis, so that was when I was in kindergarten, maybe even earlier. But watching her the past few days has been really hard; I know that putting her down is for the best. But it's just hard to really fathom.


No comments: