Wednesday, July 07, 2004

This trip has shown me something - working on a house should never be considered a vacation. At least not if it's on a deadline.

One more day of work, one day of driving - with a stop in Kansas to check out the largest prarie dog in the world, just for the hell of it - and then I'm home.

I cannot wait to get home. I miss my bed. I want to go up to my room and close myself in and avoid all human noises. I've been with people 24/7 for the past week, and I need a break. Little things - the loudness of breathing, snoring, chewing - are driving me crazy. They often annoy me, but they're really driving me up the wall now because I just can't get away from them.

I also want to see my cats. There are dogs in the new neighborhood, and there was a brief encounter with a cute kitten, but I want some serious feline company.

And I also want serious amounts of sleep. Lots and lots of it. Grr.

No comments: