Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blarg. So, here's my problem: I'm exhausted. Not just during the school year, or after an almost-all-nighter, or anything like that. Always. Well, sometimes I'm just tired. But wide awake? Only happens in spurts, here and there, that coincide with random hyper weirdness. Those moments last about 20 or so minutes, I'd say. Most of the time, I just want to sleep. I just got up a few hours ago... And I'm already ready to nap again. The exception to this desire to sleep, of course, is late at night, when I should/can sleep. It's not insomnia, since I'm tired and when I finally go to bed I can sleep. But I just don't go to sleep. I read, or do crossword puzzles, or read comics instead of going to bed. And then, of course, the next day, I'm tired. I can't seem to break out of the cycle.

You would think that break would be a great time to fix this problem. I have been getting more sleep. Sleeping until I wake up naturally... And for awhile I was going to bed at a decent time (decent meaning before 1 am). But that's fallen apart for some reason... It was almost 3 am when I went to bed last night. Granted, part of that was because I took a long nap in the afternoon, so I wasn't tired... But I always do that. Grr. *shakes fist at window* The weather (grey, blah) is also not helping. How am I supposed to be energetic when the world looks dead?

I'm kind of looking forward to going back to Swat at this point. The work and stuff -- well, hopefully it'll be better than last semester. I just want to see people, to have those long dinners with a table full of friends and multiple conversations at once, all full of jokes and fun. I want next semester to be great, to enjoy my time with my friends while they're still there. Sure, I have friends in my own class, and I'll have people to hang out with next year. But my best friends? They're going to be graduating. And that really sucks. I may have to kidnap them. Or perhaps sabotage them this semester so they can't graduate and have to come back next year. (Joking, joking... I wouldn't want anyone to have to pay more tuition than necessary...)

Anyway. Today I will hopefully be getting my new driver's license - Missouri and over 21... Oooh. At some point I need to change my voter registration (probably to PA for now), but the driver's license is the big thing on my to do list at the moment. That and redoing my resume so I can start applying for summer internships when I head back to Swat.

Off to attempt productivity...

No comments: