Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dear 20th Century Fox: I hate you.

What is this crap about suing Warner Brothers over Watchmen? More specifically, what the hell is with this: "Surprisingly, Fox said it would rather see the film killed instead of collecting a percentage of the box office." Seriously? Do you want to have the fans screaming for your heads?

Do you think you can make a better movie? Because I highly doubt it. Have you seen the trailer? It's fantastic. Visually, it's stunning. It looks like the graphic novel come to life. I'm not sure who thought to cast Jeffery Dean Morgan (aka Denny Duquette on Grey's Anatomy) as the Comedian; I associate him with rom-com type shit, but I'll be damned if he doesn't at least look the part. The casting look great, especially when you consider some of the earlier casting suggestions (Robin Williams as Rorschah? Richard Gere or Kevin Costner for Nite Owl? WTF?). The Smashing Pumpkins's song is perfect too. I love the trailer. I just finished the book, and I'm anxiously awaiting March so I can see the movie.

Don't ruin this for me, Fox. You already pissed me off with some of the stuff you did to the X-Men movies, and while I enjoyed From Hell, it was nothing like the graphic novel. I haven't read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, so I can't compare it with the movie version, but the movie wasn't that great. Just step away from Alan Moore's work. Take your cut from WB, but for heaven's sake, let this movie be released. I need it for my soul.

Oh, and Warner Brothers? If for some reason you've attempted to water down Watchmen to get a PG-13 rating, I will find those responsible and kick them in the shins.

No comments: