Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I mentioned in an earlier post that many of my favorite Jez commenters have started their own blogs. You can find most of them listed over in the sidebar, but I thought I'd highlight some of them, starting with the fashion blogs.

geometricsleep.
Laia reviews fashion shows, posts pictures of things she likes (and things she hates), and showcases some of her own fashion choices. She is much cooler and way more daring with her style than I'll ever be; the site serves as a nice reminder to take some risks once in a while. The site has also been featured on elle.com.

Fit for a Femme
Skinny Bone Jones chronicles her outfits and occasionally shows off her tomboy. This site is wonderful, and Jonesy tells you what the items are and where she got them in addition to posting photos. At some point I should go through the archives and compile a list of designers/brands/shops to check out, but I'd probably end up spending too much money. Besides, I could never look as fabulous as SBJ; I certainly can't compete with her shiny, shiny hair.

Nadarine: I'm not drunk, I'm brilliant.
Nadarine writes about more than fashion stuff, but she often posts photos of her awesome outfits, so it definitely needs to be on this list. I want to steal many of her dresses as well as her vintage Mary Janes.

All of the the ladies listed above have inspired me to step up my fashion game a bit. They make it look so easy! Of course, since I was stuck in a jeans and t-shirt rut, there wasn't really anywhere to go but up. But still. Today I'm wearing a dress and gladiator sandals. Sandals that aren't flip flops! Will wonders never cease?

Perhaps a bit more practical than inspirational is Frugal Kitten, who finds and shares deals. She hasn't been posting much recently, perhaps because it's not always easy to find cheap but nice clothes and accessories. Or maybe she's just busy at the moment. Either way, hopefully she'll be back in full force sometime soon.

No comments: