Friday, August 08, 2008

I got back from my week-long trip to my parents' yesterday, and I took today off work to regroup. Vacations are never as relaxing as you want them to be. I went to a wedding, caught up with a friend, visited family, did some shopping, and went to the zoo. Oh, and I got sick. That part was especially fun.

In some ways today was more relaxing than the rest of the week had been. I'm feeling a bit better (though still not great - curse you, runny nose!) and got to sleep in a bit. I also went to the DMV. Not relaxing, definitely time-consuming, but also happily uneventful. I now have my interim NY state driver's license and have filled out my voter registration form. The rest of the day was spent lazing about, napping, and watching some Buffy. I'm re-watching the series (when it was on TV, I watched until they went to college) and I'm on season 2 now. This means Spike and Oz, yay!

In unrelated news, the weather needs to stop thwarting me. Specifically the clouds. The temperature is great right now (so nice after the horrible heat of the Midwest!), but it started to pour just as I got off the subway at Coney Island today. I went to a tiny bit of effort to look decent for my ID photo, and then I got drenched. *shakes fist at sky* Hopefully I won't look too much like a drowned rat in the picture - waiting in line allowed me to dry off somewhat, at least. When I left the DMV the weather was lovely again, so when I got home I decided to sit out on the fire escape and get a bit of sun. Cue dark clouds and yet another downpour. At least the second time I made it indoors before the rain. And tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so maybe I'll go out and head over to the park at some point. Don't thwart me again, clouds. I need the exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me to renew my license!

I don't drive, so it hasn't been at the top of my list.