Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A month or two ago, I got the latest Swarthmore College Bulletin; it included the class notes for my graduating class, which made me feel like a lazy bum. Especially the guy who's getting a PhD in a very technical-sounding thing while also attending law school.

Sadly, it is not only my fellow Swatties who are making me feel like an underachiever anymore. While watching the Oscars the other night, I remembered that I had heard James Franco was at NYU getting a Master's degree, but I had also heard competing reports that he was at Columbia. So I turned to the ever-reliable Wikipedia to find out which story was true. Turns out they both are. Dude is getting an MFA in writing at Columbia AND studying filmmaking at Tisch. He also paints. And has his own production company. And is, you know, an actor who's won a couple of awards. Jerk.

No comments: