Saturday, July 19, 2003

In Minnesota at the moment. Yay. It's great fun -- came up with a friend, staying with her sister and her three friends. One of them helped me finalize my tattoo design. Woohoo. It will become a reality either today or tomorrow. I keep flip-flopping between anxious and excited and nervous and such things. Eek, but also la!, because the design is so very cool.

Even cooler is that I found a quote that sort of explains why I chose to go with the celestial design. I hadn't been able to explain it before -- I've always liked the sky, especially the night sky. In Michigan, I saw the full moon reflecting off of the lake, and it was amazingly beautiful... And last night, I was reading Sylvia Plath, and I came across this: The sky's far dome is sane and clear. If there's one thing my life has lacked on and off throughout the years, it has been sanity and some clarity. The night sky is so serene and beautiful and natural -- something I would like to achieve in my own life, a point I would like to reach after sorting through the bouts of chaos and confusion. So. That's that. And the design is damn cool, as well. So it's all good.

No comments: