Monday, July 28, 2003

Just got back from Jenelle's visitation. It was open casket... But both she and Amy had these cloth mask-like things, probably because of the damage done by the accident. I don't know... It was very weird. I was fine until we got into the room (after waiting in a very long line; the family had many supportive friends)... And then I caught a glimpse of her face from across the room. Then I started to cry.

The worst thing is that it hardly even looked like her. It wasn't just the face; it was the clothes. She was dressed in this cream jacket and a dark shirt, her hair was curled. Okay, I didn't actually expect her to be buried in her vinyl prom dress or her fishnets and Emily Strange t-shirt. But this just looked so... weird. I don't know. I think I might have cried even more if she had looked like I picture her in my mind. As it was, I was in sorry shape -- her parents told me that it would be okay... It should've been the other way around...

Even though I hadn't seen her much in the recent months, I will miss her. She was a great person; she always did what she wanted, stereotypes be damned... I respected and loved her for that.

Goodbye, Jenelle.

No comments: