Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm sick, and I have been for a while now. I don't know what it is. Allergies? Maybe, but my eyes aren't itchy and I am not sneezing much, so I doubt it. Flu? Probably not, since I don't have a fever. Cold? This is the likely culprit, but why is it lasting for so damn long? Seriously, this is at least week 2 of this. And I am tired of it.

Admittedly, the cold-thing has been evolving and changing all this time. It started with a non-stop runny nose, then everything became congested and stuffy, then all the mucus moved into my chest, and now it seems to be split between the chest and nose. I've been doing a decent amount of nose-blowing and sniffing, though at least it's no longer all the time. And since I got some Robitussin, my cough has been mostly under control. (Though I forgot to bring it with me to work on Tuesday night, which led me to coughing so hard that I threw up. Fun!)

Maybe the problem is that I'm continually exposed to germs. I work in a library, so I'm constantly touching books and things that have been touched by tons of other people. And I haven't had a real weekend for a a few months (1.5 days off does NOT count as a real weekend in my book, especially when much of it is spent cleaning or doing homework), so I'm tired and worn down, so my immune system probably isn't at its best. To be honest, I don't really remember the last time I wasn't tired or didn't have at least a bit of a runny nose. And that's worrisome. I want to be healthy, dammit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Constant runny or congested nose.

Read this:

http://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/