Thursday, June 05, 2003

It's weird. I don't know a whole lot about her (14, writes poetry, etc) and I've only met her once. But I know about the current situation, and I'm reading what she's written in the past few days... And I can't help but feel incredibly bad for her. I want to give her a hug, to tell her she doesn't deserve to feel this way, that she's a cool person and that it's okay for her to cry. At the same time, I want to assure her that she'll find someone else, that her heart will heal (Even though it will always hurt a little, just a bit, because that's the way love and life works -- you never completely get over it...). I want to remind her that she knew it was coming, that at most there were only 3 months left, and then acknowledge that knowing that doesn't make it any easier.

And then I want to cross to the other side of the war zone and see how she's holding up. She knew it was time to end it, but I'm still worried. I haven't heard from her in the past few days, and what I've read hasn't instilled much in the way of hope. I think she's worried about someone else -- and I know who that person is -- but that doesn't stop me from being at least a little bit worried about her. I don't know really, I don't know what to think about the whole situation.

Meanwhile, I'm living in my little happy bubble, currently free from any major strife. My brothers are home. It's nice... I remember when I was younger, and they, being only a year apart, were much closer and excluded me. But now they talk to me like I'm an adult, they ask me about school, they talk to me about college and books and music and life. I guess that I'm still the baby of the family in a lot of ways, but I feel like I've finally come into my own. It's a really good feeling.

No comments: