Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's been a busy and long day... But also a lot of fun. The Six Flags trip got off to a late start (big surprise there), but things were fine once we got going. Mary, Megan, and I broke off from the larger group when we got there. We ended up meeting up with various people on and off, but it was nice to have a smaller core group to wander with.

The rides:

Batman and Robin: The Chiller - A long, long wait, which sucked. And the ride is really short. But it's also tremendously intense, especially as it was the first roller coaster I've been on in a while. Shot off at like 60 mph, loops and twists -- and then everything backwards.

Ferris Wheel - Because sometimes you just need to let your heart return to a normal pace.

Skull Mountain - A pretty basic smaller roller coaster - some twists, but no upside down loops. It's in the dark, though, so you don't know what's coming. The ride was made less pleasant by the presence of annoying, loud, obnoxious, immature teenage boys.

Superman Ultimate Flight - A roller coaster that you ride on your stomach. It's basically the normal harness thing - no floor but your feet are locked in - and then they flip it. Very cool, kinda freaky on one of the loops where you end up on your back.

Log Flume - Basic and refreshing.

Skull Mountain - Much better without the annoying teenage boys. This ride also had no line, which was an added benefit.

Musik Express - It spins and you smash whoever is on the outside of the cart. I rode a very similar ride all the time at Kennywood before I got over my fear of roller coasters. It was nice to relive a bit of my childhood.

Medusa - There was no line for this by late afternoon, so we got right on. It was fantastic - many loops, harness seats with no floor. Probably my favorite.

Runaway Mine Train - A traditional non-looping roller coaster. Fun and made more interesting by riding with someone who's not big on roller coasters.

Sky Ride - A gondola to the other side of the park. Yay for not having to walk.

Skull Mountain - Because there was no line, and at that point I was with someone who hadn't gone on it. This time I actually heard the "spooky" sound effects - ghoulish laughter and screams - and was entertained.

Nitro - No loops, but lots of hills, including some camel backs/double dips. A good way to end the day.

In other news: The Wilma finally got back to me to set up a meeting. However, by this point, InterAct has managed to respond to me, interview me, and offer me a spot, which I accepted. It also seems like the InterAct one will be more fun - more actual work, less clerical stuff. So yay. But it's still nice to hear back from them and feel wanted.

Now I crash.

No comments: