Sunday, May 07, 2006

"Ow," says my aching head. "Ouch," says my sunburned back. "Suck it up," says the inner voice of productivity.

I'm holed up in McCabe, doing research for my d'turgy casebook. It's the project I don't mind so much, so it's getting done first. I'd rather work on it than my English paper or my play... Anyway, research, research, research. Mostly of the Google variety, but in this case it's completely acceptable. I've been trying to figure out a production history of the play I'm working on (Ellen McLaughlin's Days and Nights Within), and I've reached a couple of conclusions. 1) There needs to be a website that just lists productions of plays en masse. Perhaps when rights are granted for a performance it could be added to the list? 2) People need to put dates on their resumes. I'm glad you played Elsa, Ms. X, but would you mind giving me a clue as to where and when? No? Damn you.

Whenever I get done with this, I may go over to Wikipedia and expand on Ellen McLaughlin's stub. They have next to nothing on her, and after this, I'm going to have a list of just about every play she's written, what awards she's won, and so forth.

Back to work... Damn sunny day taunting me through the window...

No comments: