Monday, August 29, 2005

I am exhausted, but extremely happy.

Yesterday I got the urge to run, so I ran. Granted, it was only for about 15 minutes, but still. Today I got up and went to the gym for about 30 min. I had lunch with friends, and that was lovely. Then I went to my first class of the semester, Lyric Encounters.

It was awesome. I've had the prof before, and she's great. It's a 3 hour class, so I was a bit worried that I'd get tired/bored, but I didn't. I was interested the entire time. It's a small class, with workshop elements... We talked about what makes a poem lyrical, then took the musicality idea and played with it. She gave us instruments (from a recorder to a cowbell to a woodblock to finger cymbals) and a set of poems, and in small groups, we set poetry to music. It was cool. Then we composed poetry to music. Then we listened to other poetry that had been set to music, and discussed the choices made, and how they influenced the reading of the poem, and things like that. And it was just nifty. I loved it. Now, of course, I have a lot of work for the class to do before next week, but it should be good.

Tomorrow: Philosophy of Religion, Ballet I, and Costume Design. Hopefully they will all be good. Wednesday: Play-writing (which I've heard is great) and choir. We're singing Handel's "Messiah" this semester. I'm thrilled. I love the "Hallelujah Chorus."

Also exciting: my attempt to learn how to swing dance this semester. We shall see how it goes, but it should be fun.

I had my first hall meeting tonight, and it went really well. I've got a good hall, and I think this year will be good.

Time to get started on my work.

No comments: