Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It seems I am fated to not go bowling. The 2 times we tried to go this summer didn't work out, and I was supposed to go tonight with all the RAs - only I lost track of time, and I missed my ride and couldn't get to Parrish Circle on time. Curses. Instead I watched 2 episodes of Sex and the City while working on hall signs. Progress is being made.

We had the fire demo/training today, which was interesting and a bit frightening. The sprinklers release a ton of water - I wouldn't want them to go off for no good reason; the amount of water will ruin everything. So don't hang things on them, hit them, or get them too hot. Anything that causes the little glass ball to break will release a torrential downpour. Also, the effects of water on a gas fire? Not good. Big silver Type A canisters are not to be used on gas fires. Little red Type ABC are good. This has been your public service announcement for the day.

No comments: