Thursday, August 05, 2004

I'm home now. Yay, sort of. The weather at the lake was so much nicer than the awful humidity here, but I'm still glad to see my furry pets, and I'm also getting excited about school. Only two weeks until I head back! And I got my CA info finally... Tomorrow I start writing the letters.

Another yay - Jimmy Eat World is releasing a new album in October. This makes me happy. Hopefully it will be good.

I've been reading a lot lately... Perhaps a subconscious desire to get back into the routine before school starts. In the past few weeks, I've read:

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez -- took me a bit to get into it, but altogether a good book.

Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo by Andy Greenwald -- an easy, but also interesting read. It's one of the few non-fiction books that I've actually really enjoyed reading.

Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier -- definitely a light read and the novel equivalent of a chick flick, but also really good. It's not all that often that I read a 500 page book with almost no breaks, but I didn't go to sleep until I had finished this. At 6 am.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood -- a good book, but not a great one. I felt like there was something lacking, namely a better ending. But still a good book, especially if you like 1984 and other such books.

And now sleep. Or more catching up on stuff and then eventually sleep.


No comments: