Wednesday, August 25, 2004

So I just got back from Collection, a sort of ceremony for first years. On my way back from campus, I encountered Gracie out for a walk with her owners. Gracie seemed to remember me (her tail started wagging and she was all happy), and I finally got to meet her owners. They seem very nice, and apparently they knew of my existance - they told me the dog's name was Gracie, and I said that I knew, and that I had visited her a lot last year, to which they responded, "Oh, are you that girl?" I am indeed that girl. They don't have any problem with me playing with Gracie, and invited me to stop by any time. So that's cool. And apparently Gracie was sad when I left Swat last year - for a week she went outside and waited for me to walk by, but I never came. Poor girl.

Also spotted tonight were 2 cats on campus. Not the Willets' Cat, but what I have dubbed the Sproul Cats. One is white with a brown tail, and the other is an orange tiger... I have seen both of them before, and I believe they eat the food set up by the back door of Sproul. I think they need to migrate over to Willets - neither of them seem as well fed as the Willets' Cat. They also seem less socialable - they both ran away from me, and when they bumped into each other there was some hissing.

Not a whole lot else happened today. I slept late, did a few odds and ends around campus, and finally got a decent meal at dinner. Tomorrow my CA group has a few things going on, and then Friday marks the return of the well, returning students. Nifty.


No comments: