Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I just realized that the Blogger NavBar was cutting off the top of my page and thus hiding the title. But that's been fixed now. Woot.

Did most of my CS homework today (all but the reading)... The tutorial for Emacs, the editor we'll be using was ungodly long, but that may be a result of me taking notes. I need to know the commands, and I knew if I didn't write them down I'd forget and have to go through the tutorial again, which I was not about to do.

Read for English class. We're starting off with Walt Whitman, which is okay. Then we're doing some Dickinson. The class goes into more contemporary stuff than I expected. Yes, it's called MODERN American Poetry, but based on some of the names they listed in the course guide, I wasn't sure what exactly to make of that. Or maybe my mind has just been screwed up with terms like modern, post-modern, and contemporary, and now I can't keep anything straight. Anyway, we start with Whitman and Dickinson, since they've been very influential, but then we also do some Gertrude Stein, T.S. Eliot, Frost, Ginsberg, Plath, and many others. Coolness.

Time for dinner, then choir. Choir should rock this year: Beethoven's 9th and Mozart's Requiem. Yay!



No comments: