Friday, September 10, 2004

So I was wondering if I could make a decent Goth. I have no real intention of become one, partially because I don't have a super-strong desire to align myself with a specific scene, but there are certain things that appeal to me. I've been listening to some really good, at least sort-of-goth music (yay for Finlay's iTunes for that one) and have been enjoying it a lot. A great deal of my wardrobe is already black. I treasure my steel-toed Docs and like black eyeliner. And I love corsets and some other goth clothes. I lust after just about everything I've seen at Heavy Red, and really wish I could have it. Just try and tell me that the Transylvanian concubine corset isn't beautiful, or that the Gothic couture garter dress and the empire waist pinstripe skirt with corset back aren't insanely cool looking. I will not listen, because I find them so pretty, and wish I had a reason to own them and a place to wear them.

And yes, I know that all of the above is pretty generalized and stereotypical. Sorry. But damn those clothes are pretty.



No comments: