Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Augh. So stressed at the moment. The election is much, much closer than I would like. Eep. Not cool at all...

Also, my computer is actively dying. Apparently my soundcard is probably integrated into the laptop's motherboard. This means that the problem isn't isolated to one little part. Oh no. My computer seems to have had a stroke. It had been mostly okay, except for the sound part. But tonight, when I went to start copying my files over to a memory card I discovered there was a bit more wrong than that. The computer didn't recognize the chip, said there was no disk in the drive. So I transfered what I needed into my user folder on the college network. Then I decided I would put all my music onto CDs in data form. Good idea, except then my CD drive decided to act up. Luckily, it's cooperating again... Who knows for how long. But at this point I have about half my songs on CDs and the other half in my user folder. Now the interesting thing is that the other two drives, E and F, which hadn't been recognizing the disk, aren't even being recognized by the computer. They have vanished, basically.

So what this all boils down to is this: I need a new motherboard. Apparently that is rather expensive, and my warranty has expired, so I think I'll be trying to just get a new computer altogether. This time I go with a nice, friendly Mac. When my computer was freezing up, I started using the public Macs as well as Andrew's Powerbook, and now I'm rather fond of them. So yeah. I think that's the route I'll be taking.

Off to possibly work on my religion reading, but more likely to stress over the election. Oh joy.

No comments: