Monday, November 01, 2004

My computer was working fine. It still is working fine -- mostly. Except for one little problem: my computer is now incapable of producing sound. Yeah. The short story: I had it plugged in to the auxilarily feed at WSRN, and somehow smoke began to pour out of the headphone jack, and now my sound is kaput. Whee. Unfortunately, that happened within the first 15 minutes or so of my show. Leaving me with an hour and 45 minutes to fill without all my MP3s. Still, I managed with the use of lots and lots of playlist CDs.

And so the playlist for my first radio show of the year, finally! (* indicates from rock department playlist, ** means I wrote the review and feel proud...)

*Interpol – Evil
Beulah – Landslide Baby
** Camera Obscura – Double Feature
Spoon – Revenge!
Desaparecidos – Greater Omaha
Death Cab for Cutie – President of What? – (Sadly, this song was cut off by the smoking of the laptop)
* Luna – Speedbumps
* The New Year – Plan B
Le Tigre – Fake French
** The Reputation – Bottle Rocket Battles
** The Washdown – Learning Makes You Handsome
* Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – Me and Mia
The Rapture – Sister Savior
** Shoplifting – L.O.V.E.
The Killers – Smile Like You Mean It
Pretty Girls Make Graves – Speakers Push the Air
* Ulysses – Frustrated
They Might Be Giants – Meet James Ensor
* Karate – Tow Truck
Matchbook Romance – My Eyes Burn
* The Bigger Lovers – I Resign
* The Black Keys – 10 AM Automatic
* The Crimea – White Russian Galaxy
* Bloc Party – She’s Hearing Voices
Fugazi – Waiting Room
* Menomena – The Late Great Libido
* The Libertines – What Became of the Likely Lads
* Now It’s Overhead - Reverse
* Regina Spektor - Us
Taking Back Sunday – A Decade Under the Influence
* Menomena – The Strongest Man in the World
* The Autumn Leaf – Over the Pond


Things to note: I normally never play 2 songs by the same band, let alone 2 songs off the same album. But I had to play two songs off of Menomena's album. One, I was fascinated by the presentation of it. The CD case was a flipbook, with the in a pocket on the inside back cover. So cool! Two, the first song was awesome, and I felt the need to see if the other songs were good as well. Since I couldn't just toss it into my laptop and check that way, I played it on the air. And it was also great. So yes. Check them out.

Off to do actual work now, I think.

No comments: