Monday, July 18, 2005

First time I've been online in awhile, and I'm kind of regretting it. Lots of email messages from people at Swat to the list, arranging fun things to do that I won't be involved in. No more emails from people in Quincy, which kind of sucks, as I got very few responses from anyone about me leaving. Though it does make it easier to leave and not look back, at least.

Moving sucks. I love the new house, but the actually packing, moving, and unpacking part is god-awful. Especially the loading and unloading of the smaller truck we rented. Ben and I loaded the 23 foot truck, took it down to storage, unloaded it, brought it back to Quincy, and then reloaded it with others' help. Sucky day, resulting in many scrapes and bruises. I'm mostly unpacked, but rapidly losing motivation and energy. Tomorrow is going to be no fun, as we have to go back to Quincy and clean the house to get ready for the 4 pm walk-through. Blah. I'm enjoying spending time with my mom and pets, but I'm looking forward to going back to Swat and seeing people.

Got and read the new Harry Potter book. We had it mailed to us, and picked it up Saturday evening. I sat down with it and read it all in one sitting, finishing up around 2:30 am. It was quite good, and I am of course eager for the next one to come out, even though I'm sure it'll be at least another 2 years.

No comments: