Monday, September 05, 2005

Just got back from swing dance. It was fun, but a bit hard - mostly because I have trouble just following. Especially when my partner is someone I just met and they don't know how to dance any better than I do. So for half of the lesson, I was managing, but not really getting it. Then I had a string of partners that knew what they were doing and led confidently, and I just followed. As Emily demonstrated by dancing with me while we were talking, the key seems to be being distracted. If I'm distracted or relaxed or both, I forget to overanalyze what I'm doing.

I have been very unfocused lately. Work is hanging over me like an evil specter, and I'm just kind of running from it. I think my PoR reading will suffer tonight, but hopefully that will give me the time to get everything else on track and kind of start anew. We'll see.

This morning went not so well, but then I went to Lyric Encounters and was happy. I've never been in a 3 hour class that has felt that short. I love this class. :)

Off to work now...

No comments: