Thursday, September 22, 2005

So. Today. Lots of tiredness (really not fun); worry about people, about work, about balancing people and work this weekend; crappy radio show; rejection letter; blarg.

The radio show was bad because there were issues with bad transitions, me screwing up when I tried to use the phone hybrid, and me making some stupid mistakes. I will chalk it up to the fact that all my first radio shows, each semester, have seemed to suck at least a little. Hopefully next week will be better. The music was good, at least.

Playlist:

Autolux - Here Comes Everybody
#* Mary Timony - On the Floor
#* The Minus Five - Hotel Senator
Sleater-Kinney - Entertain
* Bloc Party - Banquet
Enon - Sold!
* Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight, Goodnight
Pretty Girls Make Graves - Speakers Pulse the Air
* Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All
Blonde Redhead - Equus
* Minus the Bear - Spritz!!! Spritz!!!
* The Sames - Downtown
* Stars - Ageless Beauty
Rainer Maria - Long Knives
#* Mates of State - Invitation Inn (off the House Full of Friends comp)
Tori Amos - Take to the Sky
Elf Power - Evil Eye
Sufjan Stevens - Say Yes! To M!ch!gan
* Of Montreal - Forecast Fascist Future
* The Winter Pageant - Identical
* Spoon - The Beast and Dragon, Adored
* Kinski - The Wives of Artie Shaw
* The Holy Ghost - Genghis Khan
* Destroyer - An Actor's Revenge
* Minus the Bear - Let's Play Guitar in a Five Guitar Band
#* Vox Vermillion - Arrivals/Departures
* Low - Silver Rider
The Eels - Woman Driving, Man Sleeping
Pavement - Summer Babe
* Ticonderago - Kim + Kelly

Whee music. Minus the Bear got 2 songs because they're playing here tomorrow night. Should be a good show.

In the middle of my show, I checked my email. I read the message from one of the lit mags. I am now officially 0 for 3 with my applications to become an editor for the mag. I've tried every year, and each time I've been rejected. Depressing. Very, very depressing. Especially when you consider that that is what I want to do with my life, most likely. So yeah. I see myself at an interview, with them reading over my resume, being all "Well, this is nice and all, but why don't you have any more editing experience? Weren't there opportunities at your school?" And then I'll get to hem and haw and admit that they didn't want me. Oh man, won't that be fun?

Time to pour over the tomes I checked out the library and try to get some work done on my costume designs for class.

No comments: