Thursday, September 15, 2005

My closet just died. The bar decided that it no longer liked the wall, and the decided on a trial separation at the right wall. Said separation, plus the weight of my clothing, was too much for the bar. It fell, hard, taking bits of its support system with it. The center of the bar is connected to a strip of wood running across the back wall of the closet. It is still connected to this piece of wood; the piece of wood is no longer completely connected to the wall. This strip of wood, along with its side wall brethren, supports the shelf. For now, that seems to be stable, but god knows how long that will last.

This feels like a not-so-subtle hint that I have far too many t-shirts. Which is perhaps true. As I have been drifting away from my emo kid phase, there are various band t-shirts that I no longer wear on a regular basis. I foresee an extra suitcase full o' goodies on the way home at October break.

I have not done all the reading for PoR tomorrow. By the time I get the time to read, I'm so exhausted that focusing is very hard. Rar. This weekend is going to be bad -- I have a short paper due for PoR on Tuesday, so all the reading that got pushed to the side will be seeking its revenge. Or something like that. There will be frustration and grumpiness as I attempt to write a paper comparing Kierkegaard and Nietzsche without all the details fully ingrained in my mind. I've got the concepts down, but that doesn't translate into citations and quotes for papers. Rar.

No comments: