Thursday, November 03, 2005

And I was in a really good mood like 3 minutes ago... The 'awesome' evaluation has just been completely undone by this:

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you that your pieces were not selected for this semester's issue of Small Craft Warnings. Be assured that we still very much enjoyed reading your pieces, and strongly hope that you'll continue to send us submissions in the future. Thank you so much for submitting.

Best,
Small Craft Warnings

Rock. Another rejection. And sadly, it was a poem I really liked - even other people liked it! It was a poem I used in my submission for the poetry workshop. And now, since I won't know the outcome of the poetry workshop selection until the 7th, I get a fun weekend of imagining horrible things as this rejection eats on that worry and I watch the possibility of getting into the workshop sputter and fade. And with that fading possibility fades a bit of my chance at getting a creative writing emphasis. Gah.

No comments: