Thursday, February 19, 2004

I just bumped into a very nice dog on my way back from campus. Black, shaggy, very friendly... And perhaps a bit dumb. See, he was wandering around on the sidewalk all alone, so I decided to investigate. I crossed the street and he kinda looked at me, then sauntered out to the road. Unfortunately, a car was coming. Fortunately, the car slowed down, I whistled to the dog, and he came over. He immediately sat down and let me pet him... He had a collar, but no tags. So I didn't know what to do. I figured he was probably from one of the nearby houses, and hoped for the best. After urging him to stay out of the street, I continued my trek back to the dorm. He seemd to follow me, then stopped. I looked back and he had wandered into the road again. I walked back a bit, and he returned to the sidewalk quickly, as if he knew he had screwed up. So hopefully he's okay and will not get run over. Silly dog.

In other news, it looks like the dorm I wanted to live in next year, Mertz, is not going to have sophmore rooms next year. One of the other dorms is eliminating freshman rooms, so they're going to be moved to Mertz. Rar. So now I need to figure out a new 1st choice dwelling place.

I started reading An Unquiet Mind for abnormal psychology today. It's good so far; I really like the tone and style of the writing. Hopefully I'll get an interesting paper idea from it... I have to write a brief paper on bipolar disorder for next Thursday. Whee.

Off to do work and laundry now.

No comments: