Thursday, February 12, 2004

So today has had some rather odd experiences.

First off, I had a really strange dream last night. It was actually a dream within a dream... But not one where I thought I had woken up, only to later find out I was still dreaming. In this case, the first dream turned out to be a movie that I was watching in my second dream. It doesn't make much sense in retrospect, since I was in the first dream, and therefore was watching a movie of myself in the second dream, but I didn't seem to know that it was me. That just seems weird.

I saw the beagle this morning and got to pet him on my way up to campus. That's not an odd experience, but it did make me happy.

And the most unusual experience was today at lunch. We were looking at various Japanese mangas that one of the guys had, many of which were pretty interesting. One was about the game Go... And it had pictures of these characters playing the game, and there were the little lines that imply intense action and movement when the people moved a piece. It just seemed a little much. There was also a very long horror manga that apparently focused on this one town and strange things involving spirals. One guy turned into a snail, other people used corkscrew/drill things as devices to drain people of blood... It was all rather freaky and graphic. And then there was the huge magazine of various anime strips. For the most part they were fairly normal, but there was one that seemed to focus on a murderous old lady who liked to wear bikinis. I don't know. It was odd.

There's a study break showing of This is Spinal Tap tonight that I'm going to try to go to. I have a feeling that it may add to the overall oddness of today, and therefore be a fitting end to the day.

No comments: