Friday, May 28, 2004

Gah! There's some song on the radio that starts off with a sound clip that is almost identical to one in a Fugees's song - "Ready or Not," I think - and then it launches into a song that is not even half as good. Grar. That's it, I'm breaking out The Score, which I haven't listened to for ages, since my R&B and hip-hop stage. Yes, I, indie rock and emo devotee, went through a hip-hop stage. The first album I bought for myself was TLC's crazysexycool, I think. And I have Lauryn Hill and the Fugees in my CD collection, along with Aaliyah and Erykah Badu. And I used to have Monica and Mya, too. But I also used to have Spice Girls and Aqua as well. Hanson, too. Dear lord. At least I was never into boy bands. I can take some consellation in that, as well as in the fact that my music tastes have improved. Though I will say that the Fugees, Lauryn Hill, and Erykah Badu are still pretty good, even if they're not my favorites anymore.

Okay. That was an odd little tangent. But still on the subjext of music... After all that hard work I put into coming up with the best lyrics for that song meme, no one even tried to guess. *sniffle* So I'll just share the answers.

1)"Think of it this way, you could either be successful or be us." – Belle and Sebastian, “Get Me Away From Here, I’m Dying”

2)"Come on sweet catastrophe..." – Something Corporate, “Hurricane”

3)"Pleading protest, I grab my heart and scream out loud." – Rx Bandits, “Who Would’ve Thought”

4)"It is 5 am, and you are listening to Los Angeles." – Soul Coughing, “Screenwriter’s Blues”

5)"I'm feeling overblown, I'm feeling psycho... I saw you tumbling away." – The Kicks, “Mir”

6)"You think I'm crazy, but I swear it's true..." – Jay-Zeezer, “Interlude (I Swear It’s True)”

7)"Innocent farmgirl, raised by the aliens..." – Soul Coughing, “White Girl”

8)"I'd cover my heart and hit the deck..." – Dashboard Confessional, “I Am Missing”

9)"The tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes they’re eyes no longer see." – The Weakerthans, “(Past Due)”

10)"If man is 5, then the devil is 6, and if the devil is 6, then god is 7..." – Pixies, “Monkey Gone to Heaven”

11)"Well maybe I'll put my love on ice..." – The White Stripes, “Black Math”

12)"Write in passing when there's time... Hide the paper, hide my mind..." – Sleater-Kinney, “Hubcap”

13)"At times you find that the truth is the best way out..." – Spoon, “Stay Don’t Go”

14)"Banter that shoots me through cannons and spillways, forests and nights as I walk through the hallway..." – The Rapture, “I Need Your Love”

15)"Such a beautiful kiss in the face of fear, such a beautiful song burns through your ears..." – The Anniversary, “Sweet Marie”

16)"But you'll find those lingering voices are just your ego's attempt to make it all clean and nice and make a moron out of you." – The Shins, “Fighting in a Sack”

17)"Words like razor blades slice into my veins, exposing all my pain, all that's left of me..." – The Junior Varsity, “House Fire”

18)"Had I know this last hour would come so soon, I'd have spent the last year speaking just to you." – Unsung Zeros, “Intermission”

19)"This paint by number's life is fucking with my head once again." – Eels, “Novacaine for the Soul”

20)"I don’t want to change the world, I just want to watch it go by.” – The Strokes, “Under Control”

No comments: