Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Taken from Brodie's LJ:

On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favourite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.

The only playlists I have are for mix CDs I've made, or my top-rated and most-played songs. So I just did the "Party Shuffle" option with my iTunes. And I didn't include the Sigur Ros song, since it's basically an instrumental. Same with Blur's "Sing," since I can't actually hear any of the lyrics. Anyway, here you go:

1) "Think of it this way, you could either be successful or be us."

2) "Come on sweet catastrophe..."

3) "Pleading protest, I grab my heart and scream out loud."

4) "It is 5 am, and you are listening to Los Angeles."

5) "I'm feeling overblown, I'm feeling psycho... I saw you tumbling away."

6) "You think I'm crazy, but I swear it's true..."

7) "Innocent farmgirl, raised by the aliens..."

8) "I'd cover my heart and hit the deck..."

9) "The tyranny of framing our attention with all the eyes they’re eyes no longer see."

10) "If man is 5, then the devil is 6, and if the devil is 6, then god is 7..."

11) "Well maybe I'll put my love on ice..."

12) "Write in passing when there's time... Hide the paper, hide my mind..."

13) "At times you find that the truth is the best way out..."

14) "Banter that shoots me through cannons and spillways, forests and nights as I walk through the hallway..."

15) "Such a beautiful kiss in the face of fear, such a beautiful song burns through your ears..."

16) "But you'll find those lingering voices are just your ego's attempt to make it all clean and nice and make a moron out of you."

17) "Words like razor blades slice into my veins, exposing all my pain, all that's left of me..."

18) "Had I know this last hour would come so soon, I'd have spent the last year speaking just to you."

19) "This paint by number's life is fucking with my head once again."

20) "I don't want to change the world, I just want to watch it go by."

That took much more time than I anticipated. Ah well.

No comments: