Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Things I've managed to get done today:

Response paper on the Ives plays
A sort of outline/gathering of thoughts for my philosophy paper
Read the first book of the Aeneid (30 of the 90 pages I need to read for tomorrow)

I have not taken a nap, despite very strong urges from my body to do so. My body is unhappy in general. I've felt nauseous for most of the day [this space available for any bad jokes about me reading Sartre's Nausea for class today and then feeling nauseous]... I haven't felt like I was about to vomit, but like I was on the verge of feeling on the verge of being sick. It's an unpleasant sensation, especially when added onto being tired (I was up until 3:30 am finishing Nausea) and having a headache (most likely from stress). I've tried Sprite and crackers, and neither has pacified the beast. *sigh*

In theory I probably should have gone to the poetry reading that is currently taking place. However, I know that had I gone, I would have struggled to stay awake. My energy will be better spent either forging ahead in the Aeneid or starting on T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets... The large print and slim spine of the poetry book appeals to me, and since I have English before classics tomorrow, I should probably get that work done first.

Off to work.

No comments: