Saturday, February 25, 2006

Last night I was lame and stayed in. I read a bit of Georg Lukacs' The Theory of the Novel and did nothing exciting. This morning I was awoken by the fire alarm at 10 am. It was a drill, so it was brief, but really. Who schedules a fire drill before noon on a Saturday? Not cool. The rest of the day will be devoted to more reading, whee... And tonight is Screw, so that should be at the very least interesting and hopefully fun.

I have determined that one of the worst people to have a crush on is someone you know, but don't know well. If you hardly know the person, you can be like "Oh, they're cute, but nothing is ever going to happen." If you know them well, you have opportunities to flirt and such. But somewhere in the middle? That seems to be a dead zone, at least for me. Because despite my supposed "seek and destroy" skills, I can be super shy, especially around people that I don't know all that well. And when you add a crush on top of that? Well, then I can barely open my mouth. So yeah. That's where I'm at now, and I'm not enjoying it.

No comments: