Sunday, February 05, 2006

When I first heard stuff off the Stars' album Set Yourself on Fire, I wasn't overly interested. And then I gave it another try, and now I can't stop listening to it. I'm particularly fond of "Your Ex-Lover is Dead" and "Calendar Girl" -- the bookends of the album.

Two parts of "Calendar Girl" manage to get to me each time:

If I am lost for a day try to find me
But if I don't come back, then I won't look behind me
All of the things that I thought were so easy
Just got harder and harder each day


And then this, when the instruments kick in:

I dreamed I was dying, as I so often do
And when I awoke I was sure it was true
I ran to the window and threw my head to the sky
And said "Whoever is up there, please don't let me die"


I will hopefully be going to see them in a few weeks, but I'm not sure yet. Anyone know anything about Beyond in Philly? I know it's more of a club than a concert venue, but that's about all.

No comments: