Friday, June 03, 2005

Another day of work... I think I reached new levels of geekiness by having so much fun working on the electric typewriter. Jackie encouraged me (again) to apply for the internship, which is part of a grant program. It's possible that next year is the last year of it; I'm not sure. I had been planning on trying to do a publishing internship next summer, the apply for the library one the year after that... But then I realized that would cause issues and/or force me to take a year off if I decided to go to grad school for library science, since I'd probably want to do the internship before I committed myself to applying/attending grad school. Also, if next year is the last year, I should apply anyway just so I don't miss the chance. So maybe I'll try to do the library internship next year after all... And if I decide to do publishing I could just go straight into it... (i.e. become a lowly copy editor) I feel my externship, though it was brief, gave me a general idea of what I'd be doing... And there's also that month-long publishing program out in Denver, which I would probably try to attend after my senior year, assuming I'm still interested in publishing. That would probably be just as worthwhile as many internships... Though the idea of interning at a place that specializes in graphic novels still seems immensely awesome to me. Hrm. I have no idea what to do...

No comments: