Monday, June 13, 2005

I have created my own pet project at work, which I'll work on in the little bits of time I have between bigger jobs -- cleaning up/organizing the comics section. Someone donated his comics collection a few years back, and they're all in the old coffee bar area. They are not very organized, since people pick them up, leaf through them, and toss them anywhere. There are also some graphic novels there (maybe half of what McCabe has?) in no particular order. It is painful to see the disarray, and this will also let me see what sort of comic selection McCabe has.

This area is also where the popular novels, etc. are kept. These are apparently done through a borrowing service, and we only add a fraction of them to the permanent collection. Anyway, I went through those today, pulling some off the shelves to get sent back or moved up to the normal stacks. I also alphabetized the books as I did this. When 2 of my bosses learned of this, they laughed and said I was definitely a librarian. Comments like this are becoming more common, it seems.

I drug myself to the gym today and worked out for about 30 minutes. I've decided to go back to the M, W, F weight-lifting plan, with maybe running on T and Th. It's too hot to run a lot, and since taiko isn't hurting my arms as much (knock on wood), I should be okay lifting weights before and after.

Time to make some dinner.

No comments: