Friday, October 07, 2005

I have a note on my hand, written by a hallmate, that says "The Halloween party will not eat me!" But it is. It's at least getting a little nibble in here and there, if not a full-out chomp. Grar.

Playlist for tonight:

* Bloc Party vs. Death From Above 1979 - Luno
*# Thunderbirds Are Now! - Harpoons of Love
* The Holy Ghost - Shut Up and Play
* Of Montreal - So Begins Our Alabee
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart
* The Unicorns - Child Star
* Why? - Sanddollars
* Halloween, Alaska - I Can’t Live Without My Radio
Bjork - Human Behaviour
*# Montag - Angles, County and Terrain Connu
* The Clientele - Since K Got Over Me
* Rogue Wave - 10:1
*The Winter Pageant - Take Desire
Pretty Girls Make Graves - Blue Lights
# The Reputation - Face It
*# Skating Club - San Francisco
Beulah - Gravity’s Bringing Us Down
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
The Walkmen - Thinking of a Dream
Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons
Sufjan Stevens - Decatur, or, A Round of Applause for Your Stepmother!
* Teenage Fanclub - It’s All in My Mind
* The Go-Betweens - Statue
# Nick Drake - One of These Things First (from Garden State soundtrack)
*# Mary Timony - Return to Pirates
* John Vanderslice - Continuation
Man Man - 10lb Moustache
Pain - Square Pegs
Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
* The Rosebuds - You Better Get Ready
* We Versus the Shark - No Flint No Spark

Heavy on the rock playlist stuff -- I'm exploring the new CDs and figuring out which ones I like. The winner tonight: "Continuation" by John Vanderslice. There's something about the song that's just so amazingly great -- a good steady beat of drum and bass, but still keeps things interesting with other instruments and good vocals. Good stuff.

I finally turned in 5 CDs that I reviewed, and emailed the rock directors to let them know. One of them replied with an email that included the line "Nice shows so far." It's weird, but I often forget that I'm actually on the radio. I know certain people listen -- my mom does regularly, one of my brothers has every now and then, some friends will every once in awhile. But when someone outside of this sphere acknowledges that they've been listening, whether by calling the station or just mentioning it later, it's always a surprise. A nice surprise, but still a surprise.

I told myself that I would do laundry and other things tonight, and then I got distracted by talking with people and other things. So the question is -- am I going to be up late anyway, and if so, should I go ahead and do laundry now? Or should I wait until tomorrow? Or sink to a low that I try to avoid and bring it home with me on Saturday and do it there?

It's not getting done tonight, at the very least. Bah. Off to do other things now...

No comments: