Thursday, October 27, 2005

Playlist:

Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
*# Skating Club - The Long Hot July
* Wolf Parade - Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts
The Cure - Cut Here
Franz Ferdinand - 40’
Enon - In This City
*# Thunderbirds Are Now! - From: Skulls
* Deerhoof - Rrrrrrrright (Not only a request, but a dedication!)
* Architecture in Helsinki - Souvenirs
Asobi Seksu - Walk on the Moon
* Laura Veirs - Icebound Stream
Camera Obscura - Shine Like a New Pin
Beulah - Your Mother Loves You Son
The Shins - We Will Become Silouettes
* Matt Pond PA - Several Arrows Later
The Decemberists - The Tain
* The Mountain Goats - You or Your Memory
The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site
A.C. Newman - Drink to Me, Babe, Then
Tori Amos - Caught a Lite Sneeze
Spoon - Was it You?
* Metric - Ending Start
Radiohead - Pop is Dead
The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
* Doves - Almost Forgot Myself
Broken Social Scene - Cause = Time
*# Mary Timony - In the Grass

A good radio show, with minimal amounts of talking. I got work done instead - read some poetry.

I skipped PoR today to sleep - I'm not feeling great, and with this weekend and all it entails, I thought it was best to play it safe.

I was feeling better about this weekend. Then I got in the shuttle after my show to go back to ML. Discussion of the party ensued between me and residents. They're either going to hide in their rooms or be elsewhere. Part of me understands this. Part of me is depressed by this. Most residents don't want this party to happen. Most campus people don't care where it's held. So yeah, this may be the last year of the annual ML Halloween party - debates have definitely begun about whether it's worth the trouble with the Ville, etc. Even though I have mixed feelings about the party, it still really saddens me that most residents are less than pleased about it. Every time I'm doing something for it, there's that lurking feeling of 'Why bother? Why are we doing this?' and so on. If the dorm's not getting anything out of this, what's the point?

No comments: