Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tonight was horrible and also great. Let's start with the positive: people had a good time, we did not actually run out of drinks, a number of people helped us clean up, most things look to be in pretty good shape, the cops stayed outside, and there was no massive damage to people or property. The party was successful in general, I think.

It was one of my worst nights ever. Number of times I nearly had a panic attack - no idea. Number of times I burst into tears - I'd say at least 7. Number of drunk people I had to deal with - too many. Number of drunk guys I actually faced off with, eye to eye - at least 3, and I think they were larger than me. Anger = courage, it seems, because I was too mad to even flinch as I pulled a guy off the bar and directed him back out onto the main dance floor.

The number of people I dislike right now is decently large. My motto for much of the night was, in fact, I hate people. However, I also love them. To all my friends and fellow MLers who helped set up, tend the bars, hold down the fort, direct traffic, clean up, comfort and calm me -- thank you. Thank you so very, very much.

And now, sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. Thank god for the time change. Yay extra hour!

No comments: