Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Break thus far: sleeping, reading fun books (latest Lemony Snicket, Falcondance by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, The Wainscott Weasel, and Inamorata by Joseph Gangemi - a Swat alum who I met this semsester), and generally being unproductive.

My mom and I went up to Quincy on Monday and we saw some people... A few family friends, a few of my old teachers, etc. It was nice, but it was also kind of odd. I've detached myself from Quincy quite a bit, so going back there is familiar but not home.

I've attempted to do some vaguely productive things, namely to set up the borrowed wireless router. But it keeps on thwarting me. I've followed the directions, tried every variation I can think of, and it still won't work. It's frustrating me. Right now I'm unplugging the family computer to steal that Ethernet jack to use for my laptop... I have too many bookmarks, etc on my computer to do everything I want on the family computer. Plus, I just like mine more. The best situation, of course, would be to get the router to work so I can use my computer elsewhere in the house. But that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. (Anyone have any hints on making routers magically love me?)

I'm thinking productivity will kick in soon enough. I'm toying with the idea of getting exercise later today, even if it's just in the form of DDR. I know I need to start going to the gym again next semester, and I should probably start over break so that the momentum will carry me over.

There are other things I need to do as well... Make signs for new people on my hall, look for summer internships, fill out my reapplication form for the RA position, review CDs, etc. But once I've gotten a taste of lethargy, it's really hard to re-motivate myself. Arg...

No comments: