Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dear world,

Looking for summer employment is terrifying, especially since I'll have to be looking for REAL employment in about a year. Due to this, I have decided that I will stay a kid forever. Please ignore the fact that I'm already 21. Allow me to regress into child-like bliss during break and then just stay there.

Thanks,
Jen


So, yes. The real world terrifies me. I don't want to deal with it.

On a completely different note, one of my aunt's cats died/was put down this morning. This cat was basically her child; she'd had it for as long as I can remember (literally - the cat was about as old as me).

Why is it that we put our beloved pets out of their misery when they grow old and their bodies start failing them, but with people we stick them with all sorts of machines and such? I suppose the most common argument for why the former is acceptable while the latter isn't would deal with value of life and souls and such, but still. If someone wants to die before they lose their abilities to function, why not grant them that bit of control? (Euthanasia -- joining abortion, homosexuality, and many other things in the ranks of "Things in the Catechism that I found I disagreed with during Confirmation classes.")

Possibly going to church for Christmas Eve, though I'm not yet sure. I think the last time I went to church may have been last Christmas, though perhaps there was one other time in-between.

Back to looking at theater internships for the summer...

No comments: