Monday, September 01, 2003

Classes started today. I had Latin and philosophy... Both went pretty well. We started right into Latin, which was slightly overwhelming, mostly because my prof kept jumping around. She touched on pronunciation and then went over to vocab and then back to dipthongs and so on. It was somewhat hard to follow at times, but I think I did okay. Philosophy was very short -- the prof didn't want to talk about our reading or anything until we actually had a chance to read it (fairly logical), and he didn't have much else to say. He fits the socially awkward stereotype of a prof pretty well so far -- he let us out 20 minutes early and just sort of dashed to the door. He seemed pretty cool, regardless.

My door room has been officially nicknamed the "Hardware Store"... One of my hallmates made a sign and everything. It comes from the fact that my mom sent me to college very prepared. Everything people have asked about: lightbulbs, extension cords, a hammer, screwdrivers, and so on, I have had. I feel so very special.

I have to go learn Latin vocab now. Vale.

No comments: