Wednesday, September 10, 2003

So the back of my mind has been trying to sort out this Frisbee issue while I've been working on history... (Yes, more history. I did all of last week's work, now I just have this week's. Woohoo). Right now all I want to do is sleep. I have no desire to go to practice. I did have some fun yesterday, but I also came to the realization that as the season progresses, the aspects I enjoy will most likely decrease and the things I dislike will increase. It's similar to the last 2 seasons of track... I didn't mind practice that much, because I enjoyed hanging out with the people on the team... But I always hated meets and actual competitions. I like to play Frisbee with the distance runners and with my friends, because it doesn't count for anything... It's just for fun. And while Ultimate here is a club, rather than varsity, sport, I'm definately getting a more serious vibe. Yes, they say it's great fun and all that, but they also say they play to win.

I think all I'm really trying to do is justify the fact that I'm a lazy bum who'd rather read and nap than run around in cleats. Nonetheless, it's the truth... And I shouldn't let myself be persuaded to do something that I really don't want to do. On that note, I'm going to say "Screw practice," and fall asleep while reading more history.

No comments: