Friday, September 19, 2003

Oh man. My radio show can only improve... Last night was a slew of technical difficulties. CD 2 was down and CD 1 was highly tempermental. That left me with the auxillary CD player, which is really just a boombox plugged into the sound board. So there was wonderful lag time between almost every song. And there were some issues with getting the program log pulled up on the computer as well... Finally, it seemed that everything was cooperating around 2:30. I was about to take out the Guster CD and stick something else in, when all of the sudden... Complete darkness. Yeah. The power went out. I just started laughing, because the whole thing was so abusrd. Luckily I had a flashlight with me, so I managed to close up the station and lock up, returned the key to the security place, and wandered back to my dorm to get about 4 hours of sleep.

On the plus side, that was really all Isabel did... We didn't even have very much rain. Just some wind that knocked down some tree limbs and such. Woohoo.

The coffee I drank this morning helped me make it through my history class without too much trouble... But it wore off by the time I got to philosophy. So that was interesting today... It was even harder to follow then usual. Eventually I gave up trying, and just sort of sat there. At least I didn't fall asleep... No, I managed to wait until after lunch to take my nap. And now I'm much more awake and ready to do something. Don't know what that something is, though...


No comments: