Monday, April 03, 2006

I have "upgraded" my status from weary to exhausted. I am functional, at least to some degree, but not very happy about life in general. Today there were various frustrations (I thought the costume shop was open when it wasn't, which messed up my oh-so-nice plans, I felt thwarted yet again when it came to design stuff, and I just felt generally inept and grumpy). I called home, and talking to Mom cheered me up some... And after dinner I skipped Housing Committee to go to McCabe and try to get some work done.

And I did get a bit done... I did a bit of research for my final ToN paper, which gives me a nice working definition of magical realism and some of it's common elements. I think that for my fantasy book I'll work with American Gods (Mom, can you bring that up this weekend? I don't know if it's in my room or somewhere in your stuff, but hopefully it's been unpacked...), at least partially because it, unlike other books I was considering, doesn't really fall into the category of young adult fiction.

Still to do tonight: Orlando response paper, annotated bibliography for my ToN paper, perhaps some other reading. I really wish I could think of something coherent and interesting to say about Orlando... My thoughts generally drift towards Woolf's construction of sentences and the abundance of semicolons, with occasional moments of thinking about identity and liminality tossed in for good measure. WFC, you have tainted me.

Okay, off to try to get some work done before my eyes glaze over any more.

No comments: